Have you ever stopped to think about the divine calling that's been planted within you? Yes, we're talking about that nagging, persistent feeling that there's something bigger you're meant to do. That, my friend, is your calling. And guess what? There are scriptures for that!
"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10
Did you catch that? You were CREATED for a purpose! Not sure what that purpose is? Well, you're in luck because the good book has some wisdom to drop on you. So let's dive deep, shall we?
Here, we've gathered some of the most empowering, uplifting, and purpose-driven scriptures for women like you, who are ready to embrace their God-given calling. Grab your favorite cup of tea, get comfy and let's immerse ourselves in the beauty of these scriptures:
- "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." - Proverbs 31:25
- "God is within her, she will not fall." - Psalm 46:5
- "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” - Esther 4:14
Excited? Intrigued? Ready to step into your destiny? Buckle up, sweetheart, because you're about to embark on a journey of self-discovery and divine purpose unlike any other. And remember, it's not about having it all figured out, it's about trusting that the one who calls you is faithful!
Throughout the Bible, women have been called to various roles and responsibilities. One common calling for women is that of a wife and mother. We see this in the lives of Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, and Hannah, who all desired to have children and raise them in the fear of the Lord.
Another common calling for women in the Bible is that of a prophetess. Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah were all women who were called by God to speak His word and lead His people. They were respected and revered for their wisdom and guidance.
Finally, women were also called to be leaders and rulers in the Bible. Queen Esther, for example, was chosen by God to save her people from destruction and became a powerful queen in Persia. Additionally, the New Testament mentions women like Phoebe, who was a deaconess in the early church, and Priscilla, who was a teacher and leader alongside her husband.
I am not afraid. I was born to do this.
- Joan of Arc
How can women discern their calling?
- Women can discern their calling by seeking God through prayer and reading the Bible. God speaks to us through His Word, and as we spend time in His presence, He will reveal His plans for our lives.
- Another way women can discern their calling is by paying attention to their passions and gifts. What are you naturally good at? What brings you joy and fulfillment? These can be clues to the unique purpose God has for you.
- It's also important for women to seek wise counsel from trusted mentors and leaders in their community. These individuals can provide guidance and insight as you navigate your calling.
- Lastly, women can discern their calling by stepping out in faith and taking action. Sometimes we won't know if something is our calling until we try it. Don't be afraid to take risks and try new things, trusting that God will guide you along the way.
I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.
- Mother Teresa
How can women find encouragement in the Bible when facing challenges in their calling?
- Women can find encouragement in the Bible by reading about the stories of other women who faced challenges in their calling. For example, Esther was called to be queen during a time of great danger for her people, but she trusted in God and was able to save them. Reading about Esther's faith and courage can inspire women to trust in God and persevere in their own calling despite challenges.
- Women can find encouragement in the promises of God's faithfulness and provision. Philippians 4:19, says 'And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.' This verse reminds women that God will provide for them as they follow their calling, even in times of difficulty.
- Women can find encouragement in the words of Jesus, who often spoke about the importance of following one's calling. In John 15:16, Jesus says 'You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit.' This verse reminds women that their calling comes from God and that he has a purpose for their lives.
- Women can find encouragement in the community of believers. Reading the Bible with other women and discussing how it applies to their lives can provide support and encouragement. Additionally, seeking out mentors and accountability partners can help women navigate challenges in their calling and stay focused on God's plan for their lives.
Trusting in God's Faithfulness as You Pursue Your Calling
So, girlfriend, you've made it to the end of this glorious journey! It's time to wrap up our scriptural soiree, but not before we've had a good chat about trust, eh? Can you feel it? The anticipation? I can!
Trust. It's such a simple word, yet it carries so much weight, doesn't it? It's like the little black dress of our spiritual wardrobe; never goes out of style, always fits perfectly, and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. But just like that dress, trust can sometimes be hard to wear. You with me?
As you step forward into your calling, you might feel like you're walking a tightrope. On one side, there's the wide expanse of the unknown, and on the other, your comfort zone. It's okay to feel a little wobbly. Frankly, it's normal. Trust me, I've been there!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding," - Proverbs 3:5
See that? The Good Book says it all. When we're teetering on the edge of our comfort zone, trust is what keeps us balanced. It's our spiritual safety net. Bungee cord, if you will.
Now, when the going gets tough, the tough get going, right? But here's a secret sauce for you: the tough also trust in God's faithfulness. They know that He's got their back. So, when you're feeling uncertain or fearful, remember that trust in God is your secret weapon.
Here are a few more scriptures to keep you anchored on this rollercoaster ride of pursuing your calling:
Isn't this one just a cherry on top? "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Talk about an empowered woman! Ladies, the next time you're doubting yourself, remember this scripture, okay?
1 Peter 4:10
Ever been hit with the question, "Am I really making a difference?" Well, here's your answer: "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." So yes, you ARE making a difference. You're stewarding God's grace, and that's no small feat!
Need a confidence boost? Here's a verse that says it all. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God's got your back, ladies. When He's the one planning your future, you have no reason to fear.
Ever felt like you're trying to hide your light under a bushel? Time to let it shine, girlfriend! "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." So, go out there and dazzle them with your brilliance. You were made to shine!
And finally, when times are tough and you feel like throwing in the towel, this is the go-to scripture: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Remember, even the trials are part of the journey. Keep pushing forward, because God's got this!
There you have it, ladies. Five more scriptures to keep in your arsenal as you navigate this exciting journey. Remember, you're radiant with purpose. Now go pursue your calling!